Priorities / Education
Great Schools Make Great Communities
- All public schools need to be fully and fairly funded. Every child deserves a high quality education, no matter where they live.
- Great education inspires children. Great education is not teaching to a test. Education is about preparing our children to fulfill their potential, be great citizens and life-long learners.
- To have great education the State needs to value, respect and listen to teachers.
- Our education tax money must not be taken out of our communities to be used by failing, for-profit charter schools.
- Everyone should have access to and be able to afford higher education including community college, traditional college, trade and technical schools and apprenticeships.
- Providing higher education is essential in developing a well-educated workforce which will attract good paying jobs to our district.
- Every high school student should have access to information about and help in applying for higher education and financial assistance. We need more well trained advisers available to help students identify and achieve their ambitions after high school.
- Higher education is not just for young people. Affordable accessibility to quality higher education programs is essential to open doors to greater economic success.